Trying to find low cost Buick Regal insurance in Houston may be hard for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. With so many options of online companies, it can quickly become a challenge to compare coverage rates on Buick Regal insurance.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Cheap companies for Buick Regal insurance
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, business and professional, early shopping, good student, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, online shopper, good student, emergency road assistance, and renters.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Houston. To see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Houston, follow this link.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Driving citations will cost you – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – Companies in Texas generally give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Credit history impact car insurance prices – Credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Buick Regal by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
- More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Buick Regal is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Houston.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most major insurers afford discounts to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare Buick Regal rates in Houston to ensure the best deal.
- Marriage is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Loss probability for a Buick Regal – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents can help
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Houston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Houston that provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
After getting good feedback to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim about how much you will save just by moving your insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. A good example of this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer who matches that profile will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and therefore will cut their Buick Regal insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not meet these standards will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates.
Because of this risk profiling, it’s extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Persistence pays off
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Buick Regal insurance prices in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Houston car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Houston is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be found at the links below
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Used Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)