Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your BMW every month? You’re in the same situation as many other Texas consumers.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Texas insurance shoppers could save up to 70% every year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with catchy ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for BMW 325i insurance in Houston
Some insurers do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, theft prevention, air bags, driver training, early bird, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
If you need inexpensive Houston car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Houston, click here to view.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Comparing rates from local Houston auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Houston that may be able to provide price quote information for BMW 325i insurance in Houston.
Cheap car insurance is out there
You just read a lot of information how to compare BMW 325i insurance rates in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small local company. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cost effective BMW 325i insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Houston? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)