Purchasing low-cost Houston Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes can appear to be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners new to quoting and comparing rates over the internet. With such a large number of companies, how can you have time to compare the different rates to find better insurance prices?
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Houston insurance shoppers could save roughly 70% every year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Eos can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, location of vehicle, professional/association, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
If you want cheaper Houston car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in your area. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Houston, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Texas. The fastest way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in Houston location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
An analysis of deductible level
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you need to find a good Houston insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ricky Maique – State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 – Houston, TX 77063 – (713) 781-6132 – View Map
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Houston independent agents that can give you price quote information.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- Oscar’s Insurance Agency
5921 S Gessner Rd – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 271-8889 – View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will service your policy. Just be aware that you are able to cancel a policy at any point so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Eos insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Volkswagen Eos insurance premium rates in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)