Want to learn the secrets to finding more affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Houston? Locating better insurance prices for your Saturn Sky in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Saturn and find the lowest price from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best rates on Saturn Sky insurance in Houston a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding more affordable policy in Houston is not as hard as you may think. If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to shop for insurance on the web.
Get cheap Saturn Sky insurance in Houston with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Houston auto insurance on the internet.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Sky can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Houston. To find providers with the best Saturn Sky insurance discounts in Houston, click here to view.
How to compare free Houston Saturn Sky insurance price quotes
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Houston Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Lots of insurance companies give lower prices to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare Saturn Sky rates in Houston to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save money by splitting coverages up.
Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Buy as much liability as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
An auto insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Prices can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
When should you not file a claims? – Car insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Auto insurance quotes from local Houston insurance agents
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you would like to find a good Houston insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Houston are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Houston independent agents who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-2733 – View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
- Ricky Maique – State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 – Houston, TX 77063 – (713) 781-6132 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Choosing Saturn vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn Sky has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Saturn. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
Cheap Saturn Sky insurance in Houston can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you need to quote Houston auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)