High-priced Saab 9-5 insurance in Houston can take a big chunk out of your funds and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Texas consumers could save up to $1,766 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Saab 9-5 insurance in Houston two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$470||$388||$24||$116||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in Houston location which can influence premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can change Saab 9-5 insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheap Houston car insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- E-sign Discounts – Many car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Houston car insurance on your computer.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Houston car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer free Saab 9-5 insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Teenage vs. mature drivers – Older people are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.Young drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
- Is your car built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Because the Saab 9-5 is considered a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more as compared to the average rate in Houston. Low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Saab 9-5 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies afford discounts for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Compare rates but work with a local Houston insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Houston that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Houston that can possibly get you price quote information.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Houston, get answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Is there truth in advertising?
Texas consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your policy.
How can each company save you money on Saab 9-5 insurance in Houston? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of this type of driver could be a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Houston and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who may not quite match this ideal profile may receive a higher rate and this results in the customer not buying. The ads say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can make claims that they all have the best prices.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to guess which company will have the lowest Saab 9-5 insurance in Houston.
A little work can save a LOT of money
More affordable auto insurance in Houston is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on Saab 9-5 insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Houston car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is located at the links below
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)