How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Nissan Juke insurance in Houston? Paying for pricey Nissan Juke insurance in Houston can overdraw your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison can be a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the United States could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Nissan Juke insurance in Houston last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, follow these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Houston can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just have to know the quickest method to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Cutting your Houston car insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just have to take the time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Nissan Juke rate quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to all the different Houston insurance agencies. Quoting Nissan Juke insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the advice and guidance of a local agency. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though Houston Juke insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Juke, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Houston overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Juke insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Houston car insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, annual mileage, ease of repair, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, distant student, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Allstate may offer discounts for new car, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, and resident student.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Houston. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Houston, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent. Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Houston that can give you free Houston car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Houston are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston who can help you get rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
You can find cheaper coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Houston can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Houston car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)