How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Land Rover LR3 insurance in Houston? Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can dry up your family’s budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers in Texas kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. drivers can save as much as $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Land Rover LR3 in Houston, it can be challenging to find a more affordable auto insurance company.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Land Rover LR3 insurance in Houston is to understand all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how your vehicles are used, whether you have decent credit, if you lease or own, and what you do for a living. The rating information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes very quickly.
To get price quotes for your Land Rover LR3 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Land Rover LR3 insurance in Houston?
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce your policy cost.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, early quote, driver training, new car, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Houston. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Land Rover LR3 insurance quotes in Houston, follow this link.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Houston, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Land Rover with a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Land Rover. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Who are their largest clients?
The difference between Houston auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Houston are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide rate quotes.
After you get positive feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage at any point so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.