Scraping up a payment for expensive Chevrolet HHR insurance in Houston can stress out your bank account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could pocket as much as 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The purpose of this article is to help you learn how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process If you’re already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers just need to know the most time-saving way to shop online from multiple companies.
Companies offering Chevy HHR insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in Houston location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Chevrolet HHR insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevy HHR insurance discounts in Houston
Some providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Houston and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, student away at school, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, family plan, multi-policy, good student, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, early shopping, multi-car, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, online shopper, homeowner, and claim free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, multi-policy, annual mileage, and ease of repair.
If you need affordable Houston car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Houston.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Your address can affect premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Stress out and pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Performance impacts prices – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Since the Chevrolet HHR is a crossover, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Houston. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance quotes from local Houston insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Houston.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Houston who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Quote. Compare. Save.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Discount Chevy HHR insurance is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Chevy HHR insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Houston, TX? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)