Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? You’re in good company because you’re not alone.
Unthinkable but true, most insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Houston drivers could save about 70% every year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they bought a different policy. There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Audi S8 insurance in Houston two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Audi S8 insurance in Houston at a lower rate.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Houston is really not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to find better prices without reducing protection. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to shop online from multiple companies.
All the larger auto insurance companies give prices for coverage on the web. The process is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want on the page. After the form is submitted, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Audi S8 insurance in Houston makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though Houston S8 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S8 has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Audi and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Audi S8 insurance in Houston
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, new car, early quote, multi-car, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, newly married, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Houston. To view insurers who offer free Audi S8 insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from local Houston auto insurance agents?
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good Houston insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Houston agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agents in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Specific coverages for an Audi S8
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your S8 to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi S8.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Audi S8 insurance prices in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Discount Audi S8 insurance can be found on the web and with local Houston insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be read at the links below
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)