If you’re trying to find more affordable insurance online, are you baffled by the wide range of car insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. There are so many options that it can turn into a chore to find the best car insurance rates for Mazda MPV insurance in Houston. Everyone knows Houston is a wonderful place to live, but expensive car insurance premiums makes it impossible to afford good insurance coverage.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $2,680, Texas drivers can cut their rates by 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You need to get comparison quotes occasionally because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Mazda MPV insurance in Houston a year ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding MPV insurance online, but you can learn the best ways to lower your car insurance bill.
Finding Mazda MPV insurance in Houston, TX
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Houston MPV insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mazda gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your MPV more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts can help save money on Mazda MPV insurance in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current MPV insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, anti-theft, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, multiple vehicles, good student, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. To find companies with the best Mazda MPV insurance discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
When researching local Houston agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St – Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 523-7100 – View Map
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
- Town and Country Insurance Agency – Houston, TX
10575 Katy Fwy # 150 – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 461-8979 – View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 – Houston, TX 77008 – (979) 238-8283 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to all your questions and cheaper MPV insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Cover all your bases
We just presented a lot of ways to find affordable Mazda MPV insurance in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)