Finding better insurance prices for your Acura ZDX in Texas can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Acura and find the lowest possible price.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current ZDX insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student in College – Children living away from Houston attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Houston could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new ZDX can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers includes discounts for IntelliDrive, student away at school, driver training, payment discounts, multi-car, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, bundle discounts, pay in full, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and youthful driver.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, driver training, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, multi-policy, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply in Houston. If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Houston, click this link.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$390||$788||$400||$24||$120||$1,722||$144|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$256||$510||$358||$22||$108||$1,254||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Houston location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Acura ZDX auto insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
No claims equals better rates – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Texas give better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Acura ZDX is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Houston. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Good credit scores equal low prices – An insured’s credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Acura ZDX by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Better rates on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Acura ZDX has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Get hitched and get better premiums – Having a spouse may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my Acura ZDX covered if I use it for business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura ZDX?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Houston who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Houston auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are searching for a local Houston insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Houston that can give you price quotes.
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St – Houston, TX 77089 – (281) 481-1903 – View Map
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Acura ZDX
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura ZDX in Houston, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Acura ZDX but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your ZDX definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Houston is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can shop for Acura ZDX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Houston car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with an unexpected company.
When you buy Houston car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Houston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)