Are you tired of overpaying and want lower-priced Acura TLX insurance in Houston? Nobody that owns a car looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in America could save as much as $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched. There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Acura TLX insurance in Houston.
You should take the time to compare prices before your next renewal since rates change regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Acura TLX insurance in Houston at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about TLX insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to find affordable auto insurance in Houston.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Acura TLX insurance in Houston is to know the trick car insurance companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how much school you completed, driver details, how much you drive, and if the car is leased. Your details is instantly provided to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To compare affordable Acura TLX insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Houston insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Acura could earn cheaper rates.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Houston and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, air bags, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, air bags, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, good driver, age of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, distant student, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To choose insurance companies with the best Acura TLX insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Houston insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How are they compensated?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent help file claims?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Houston
If you want a good Houston insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Houston can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following are Houston independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is the ISO rating for a Acura TLX?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. It may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – The deductibles are how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Prevent car insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Safer cars means cheaper prices – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Does insurance cost more for men? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurers will award better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Insurance losses for an Acura TLX – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Acura TLX Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TLX in Houston, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers work with independent agents. Discount Acura TLX insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Acura TLX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Houston car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)