Want to learn how to find more affordable Acura RDX insurance in Houston? Finding cheaper insurance for your Acura RDX in Texas could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Acura and find the cheapest rates either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Compare Houston Acura RDX insurance quotes online
Most major insurance companies provide coverage prices from their websites. Getting online quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Houston is quite easy as you just enter your coverage preferences into the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Houston makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will get rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$270||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,182||$99|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$234||$368||$424||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Houston which can impact rates greatly.
Acura RDX insurance rates by gender in Houston
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura RDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Acura RDX insurance premiums for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some insurers do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on RDX insurance in Houston.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on RDX insurance in Houston.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, multi-car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, student away at school, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, business and professional, mature driver, youthful driver, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, defensive driver, good student, annual mileage, family discount, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply in Houston. To view auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click here.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Houston insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Houston?
If you want to use an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents may be either exclusive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you price quotes.
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 – Houston, TX 77007 – (713) 869-6991 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
What Impacts Acura RDX Insurance Rates?
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
Be proud to be claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Texas award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Does your occupation raise your prices? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and miners generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated RDX may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage.
Loss probability for an Acura RDX – Insurers use past insurance losses when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura RDX Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need RDX insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura RDX in Houston, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Acura RDX. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop around and save
Some companies may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies. Discount Acura RDX insurance is attainable online and with local Houston insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Acura RDX insurance premium rates in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Houston? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)