Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Acura ILX insurance in Houston? If you’re new to shopping for Houston car insurance quotes online, there’s a good chance you are baffled thanks to the incredible selection of insurance providers that all promise the best rates for Acura ILX insurance in Houston.
Amazingly, most car insurance buyers in Texas kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in America can save approximately $850 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
It’s smart to do price comparisons on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Acura ILX insurance in Houston six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. This article will instruct you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process But Texas drivers must learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Protect more than your Acura ILX
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura ILX in Houston, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura ILX with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Drivers Save Money
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Acura ILX if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Youthful drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers in Texas have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Safer vehicles lower rates – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers and medical professionals tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Acura ILX statistical loss data – Insurers analyze historical claim data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura ILX Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Houston car insurance quotes with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Houston Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Houston may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive lower premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, mature driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, good driver, Switch & Save, online quote, defensive driver, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, drive less, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies in Houston. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer free Acura ILX insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local Houston insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Houston are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Featured below are Houston independent agents that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr – Houston, TX 77079 – (713) 461-8272 – View Map
- Champions Insurance Agency
15327 Gulf Fwy b – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-4870 – View Map
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Houston?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Acura ILX insurance car insurance rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Houston car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
When you buy Houston car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)