Are you trying to find lower-priced Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Houston? No one loves paying for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Texas drivers could save roughly 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive lowest price on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Houston.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy cost.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, air bags, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, good student, teen driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Houston. To locate providers who offer free Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance quotes in Houston, click this link.
When shopping for cheaper Houston car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different Houston insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to local Houston insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$318||$580||$400||$24||$120||$1,442||$120|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$198||$416||$496||$30||$148||$1,288||$107|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$458||$858||$514||$30||$154||$2,014||$168|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders drive up Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Suzuki Grand Vitara annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Houston
The chart below shows the comparison of Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Houston who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of car insurance agents in Houston
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Houston insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Houston are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can possibly get you rate quotes.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Houston exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you get satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your coverage at any point so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific agency for any length of time.
Car insurance savings summarized
Lower-priced Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Houston can be sourced from both online companies and with local Houston insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance premium rates in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Houston car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)