Want to learn how to buy lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Houston? Cutting costs on Mazda 2 insurance in Houston can seem to be quite difficult for drivers new to quoting and comparing rates online. You have so many options available that it can easily be a real challenge to find more affordable rates in Texas.
It’s hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Houston insurance shoppers could save as much as $1,770 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Save money on Mazda 2 insurance in Houston with these six car insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Houston can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, and family discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Esurance has savings for anti-theft, paid-in-full, safety device, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, switch companies, mature driver, good student, multi-car, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
If you want inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Houston.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as your occupation, whether you are single or married, your general credit rating, and how much coverage you want. The rating information is instantly sent to many different companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Mazda 2 now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Will my Mazda 2 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does my Mazda 2 need full coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When do I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Houston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Houston insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Houston agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Houston that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Moon Insurance Agency
360 FM 1959 – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-8320 – View Map
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr – Houston, TX 77079 – (713) 461-8272 – View Map
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
- Anna Santa Ana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0333 – View Map
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Car insurance policy coverages for a Mazda 2
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 2 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 2 to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 2.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, dental work, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Affordable coverage is out there
Low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Houston can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on Mazda 2 insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Houston auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you quote Houston auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)