Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Lincoln MKT insurance in Houston? Finding cheap Houston Lincoln MKT insurance quotes over the internet can appear to be difficult for drivers new to quoting and comparing rates on the internet. With so many insurance agents and insurers to choose from, how can anyone be able to compare all the different companies and get cheaper car insurance rates?
A recent car insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. The purpose of this post is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes. Although Texas vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
Lincoln MKT insurance discounts in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get cheaper insurance rates.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates compared to frequent claim filers.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will cut the premium cost.
Companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so you need to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$288||$496||$414||$24||$124||$1,346||$112|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$378||$542||$564||$34||$168||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Houston location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Males versus Females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln MKT Insurance Premiums?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Annual mileage impacts costs – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your MKT may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Lincoln MKT if you clean up your credit.
- Lower premiums with uninterrupted coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Small claims can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas award most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance loss data for a Lincoln MKT – Insurers use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Houston.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Houston for you
If you want an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Houston may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Houston who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- Dean and Draper Insurance Agency, LP
3131 W Alabama St #150 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 527-0444 – View Map
- Texas General Insurance Agency
2500 West Loop S #210 – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 622-5977 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Houston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Houston?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Car insurance is not optional
Even though Houston MKT insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents. Cheap Lincoln MKT insurance in Houston can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered many ideas to find affordable Lincoln MKT insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)