GMC Acadia insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
I can't think of anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save an average of almost 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes. Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and uncover the absolute best price available on GMC Acadia insurance in Houston.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Houston is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. You just need to understand the most efficient way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for GMC Acadia insurance in Houston is to know the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, what you do for a living, if it has an alarm system, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is instantly provided to all major companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To find lower lower-cost GMC Acadia insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Houston.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$136||$252||$430||$26||$128||$972||$81|
|Acadia SL AWD||$156||$252||$430||$26||$128||$992||$83|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$208||$256||$500||$30||$150||$1,144||$95|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$298||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,376||$115|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$308||$400||$500||$30||$150||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Houston
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact GMC Acadia annual premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your GMC Acadia settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Companies offer lots of discounts on GMC Acadia insurance in Houston
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Acadia insurance in Houston.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower your overall bill.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- USAA offers premium reductions for safe driver, family discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and military installation.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, air bags, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, good driver, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, multi-policy, and claim free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, teen driver, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
What Impacts GMC Acadia Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- High performance equals high premiums - The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Due to the fact that the GMC Acadia is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Houston. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons - There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Insurance loss probability for a GMC Acadia - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Acadia Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Houston exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Houston independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Why you might not save $423 a year
Texas consumers can't get away from ads for the lowest price car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies advertise the message of big savings if you switch your coverage.
That's great but how can every company charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a profitable insured might be described as between 25 and 40, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" will get low auto insurance rates and will also save a lot on Houston GMC Acadia insurance if they switch.
Insureds who fall outside the "perfect" profile must pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much when switching. That's why insurance companies can advertise the savings. That is why you really need to get Houston auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will be your best fit.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on GMC Acadia insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Houston auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Houston is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Houston, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
As you quote Houston auto insurance, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is located below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)