Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Chevy Malibu insurance in Houston? I doubt anyone is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Houston insurance shoppers could cut their rates by $1,766 a year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to shop their coverage around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Chevy Malibu insurance in Houston last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Cheap companies for Chevy Malibu insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact auto insurance rates greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can raise Chevrolet Malibu yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Chevy Malibu insurance rates in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Malibu insurance premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Some companies that may offer these benefits possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
When narrowing the list to find local Houston agents, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
Lucrecia Jasminoy - State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St - Houston, TX 77009 - (713) 884-1442 - View Map
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always check rates from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Houston independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Consumers in Texas can't get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make the point that you'll save big if you change your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can charge less that you're paying now? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of this type of insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, owns their home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who matches that profile will get very good Houston rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these standards will have to pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not purchasing. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Malibu insurance in Houston.
Insurance savings summarized
Discount Chevy Malibu insurance in Houston is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Houston car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)