High-priced insurance in Texas City can overdraw your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
It's shocking but 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they just switched companies. With vehicle owners having so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons is to know the trick almost all companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give the companies some data like coverage limits, if you're married, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and your occupation. Your information is then submitted to insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Texas City.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas City, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,120||$560||$93|
|GMC Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$976||$488||$81|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$996||$498||$83|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Texas City which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Altima insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Altima replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, business and professional, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, good driver, multi-car, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find cheap Texas City car insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your area. To see a list of providers with discount insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Texas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When finding a good Texas City insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Texas City independent agents that can give you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Texas City who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Texas City?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Texas City?
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Why smart consumers get better rates in Texas City
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Insurance rates and vehicle performance - The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Reduce car insurance rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- File a insurance claims and pay more - Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Higher premiums for policy lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Rates and your address - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Older drivers are lower risk - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Texas City, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on insurance in Texas City. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)