How long has it been since you compared cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Houston? If price shopping Houston car insurance quotes online is new to you, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the vast assortment of online auto insurance companies and websites competing for your business.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas insurance shoppers could cut their rates by roughly 70% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes.
All major insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford F-150 insurance in Houston can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into a form. When complete, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote.
Getting online quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Houston streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for lower-cost prices.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you're receiving comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$200||$382||$22||$114||$876||$73|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$372||$496||$30||$148||$1,246||$104|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$180||$338||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$248||$400||$388||$24||$116||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$152||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,116||$93|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$502||$514||$30||$154||$1,526||$127|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$206||$322||$400||$24||$120||$1,072||$89|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$282||$476||$430||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$256||$414||$366||$22||$110||$1,168||$97|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$208||$256||$500||$30||$150||$1,144||$95|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,220||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$282||$476||$430||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$314||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,538||$128|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$302||$376||$392||$24||$118||$1,212||$101|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$232||$338||$430||$26||$128||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$318||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,482||$124|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$202||$358||$462||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$452||$496||$30||$148||$1,386||$116|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$286||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,316||$110|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$202||$358||$462||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,066||$89|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$284||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,352||$113|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,586||$132|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$286||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$260||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,308||$109|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$208||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford F-150 in Houston, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Ford and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rates every year to save money.
How Insurance Providers Determine Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. People who have careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other Houston F-150 insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Costs go up with performance - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Ford F-150 is a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Houston. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs - A driver's credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford F-150 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Younger drivers pay more - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Insurance premiums and driver gender - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Females and males are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- No policy claims equals lower prices - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas award cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers prices - The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Ford F-150 historical loss data - Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you low cost Ford F-150 insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premium.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Houston. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Houston, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Houston insurance agencies?
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. They are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Houston exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b - Houston, TX 77015 - (713) 451-5716 - View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 - Houston, TX 77061 - (281) 481-5778 - View Map
- James Banks - State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St - Houston, TX 77002 - (713) 523-7100 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Houston who can help you get price quotes.
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St - Houston, TX 77017 - (713) 645-1500 - View Map
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 - Houston, TX 77058 - (281) 488-2733 - View Map
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S - Houston, TX 77042 - (713) 914-0354 - View Map
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Lower-priced Ford F-150 insurance in Houston can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Ford F-150 insurance prices in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)