How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for low-cost Chevy Blazer insurance in Houston? Buying lower-cost Houston Chevy Blazer insurance quotes might appear impossible for vehicle owners not familiar with comparing prices over the internet. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how can you have the ability to compare all the different companies and get cheaper insurance rates?
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Houston drivers can cut their rates by as much as $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company's rates occasionally because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates on Chevy Blazer insurance in Houston at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Houston is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using these methods. But Texas car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
The Chevy Blazer Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Gals pay lower premiums - Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. They both are in fender benders at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Infrequent drivers can save - Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Blazer can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are usually for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Chevrolet Blazer is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Houston.
- Allowing your auto insurance to lapse raises auto insurance rates - Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Compare quotes for Houston Chevy Blazer insurance
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you need to compare rates from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Protect more than your Blazer
Even though Houston Blazer insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Blazer is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student Discount - Children living away from Houston attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Houston auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Driver Safety - Passing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Organization Discounts - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Blazer insurance premium.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- American Family has savings for good student, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, federal employee, anti-theft, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, anti-theft, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and distant student.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Houston. To locate insurers who offer insurance discounts in Houston, click this link.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information gets sent to companies in Houston that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How are claims handled?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
When finding a local Houston insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
- Ricky Maique - State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 - Houston, TX 77063 - (713) 781-6132 - View Map
- Donald Malveaux - State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 - Houston, TX 77082 - (281) 679-7155 - View Map
- Linda Tuck - State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g - Houston, TX 77058 - (281) 488-9050 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Craig Insurance Agency
1020 Bay Area Blvd # 100 - Houston, TX 77058 - (281) 488-2733 - View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B - Houston, TX 77067 - (281) 872-6100 - View Map
- Suzanne Brown Agency-Insurance
11999 Katy Fwy #635 - Houston, TX 77079 - (281) 558-2210 - View Map
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- If my Chevy Blazer is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How much can you save?
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Low-cost Chevy Blazer insurance in Houston is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be found at the links below