How long have you put off shopping around for more affordable Acura RLX insurance in Houston? Price shopping your Acura RLX insurance in Houston is slightly frustrating for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. With literally dozens of insurers available, it can turn into a lot of work to compare rates in Texas on Acura RLX insurance.
It's amazing but a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could save an average of about 70% each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates quite often because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Acura RLX insurance in Houston two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to get good coverage on Acura RLX insurance in Houston at a lower rate.
Locating the best rates in Houston can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you already have coverage, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Nevertheless, Texas consumers must understand the way companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Low-cost Acura insurance price quotes in Houston
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Acura RLX Insurance Rate Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Many insurance companies allow lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Rates increase with driving citations - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
- Marriage can save on insurance - Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. It means you're more financially stable and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- The more you drive the more you pay - The more miles you rack up on your Acura in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your policy properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your RLX may be costing you.
- Liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Acura RLX insurance loss data - Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RLX Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance rates in Houston
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
Just know that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, driver's education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, anti-theft, premier discount, good payer, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Acura RLX insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Neighborhood Houston auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Houston that give free quotes to get your business. You don't have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Houston for you
When finding a local Houston insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Houston can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Houston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 - Houston, TX 77077 - (281) 759-4300 - View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux - State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 - Houston, TX 77086 - (713) 464-2077 - View Map
- Scott McNab - State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b - Houston, TX 77019 - (713) 520-5556 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
- Hotchkiss Insurance Agency
13430 Northwest Fwy #600 - Houston, TX 77040 - (713) 956-9800 - View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St - Houston, TX 77026 - (713) 675-2626 - View Map
- Noveri Insurance Agency
2657 Gessner Rd - Houston, TX 77080 - (713) 460-9400 - View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance savings promises
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you get a free Houston car insurance quote and switch your auto insurance coverage to their company. Is it even possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Acura RLX insurance in Houston? It's all in how they say it.
Auto insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of insured might have to be over the age of 35, has no prior claims, and does not commute to work. A driver that fits those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Insureds who cannot meet these standards will see higher premiums which results in business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save the amount stated. That's the way companies can truthfully state the savings. Each company has different criteria, so drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It's just not possible to know which auto insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Acura RLX?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Quote often and quote early
Discount Acura RLX insurance in Houston is attainable on the web and with local Houston insurance agents, so you need to shop Houston car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read many ways to lower your Acura RLX insurance car insurance rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Houston car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)