Do you want to learn to get more affordable BMW X1 insurance in Houston? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced BMW X1 insurance in Houston? It's a common feeling and there are many Houston consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by approximately $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
To get low cost Houston auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The simplest method to compare BMW X1 insurance prices consists of shopping online.
It's so simple to compare auto insurance rates online takes the place of having to actually drive to all the different Houston insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the trained advice only provided by licensed Houston agents. Although you can compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide online Houston X1 insurance quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Some providers do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Houston auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Houston auto insurance quotes online.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, driver training, membership and employees, air bags, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, business and professional, good student, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, company car, safe driver, safe vehicle, mature driver, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, newly married, new graduate, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, new vehicle, multi-policy, annual mileage, and loyalty savings.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. For a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
The BMW X1 Insurance Cost Equation
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Extra coverages push up rates - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- With age comes responsibility - More experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your X1 is just wasting money. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rates also based on gender - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- BMW X1 statistical loss data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
BMW X1 Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific BMW Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long has the business existed?
Shop around and save
Discount BMW X1 insurance in Houston can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your BMW X1 insurance premium rates in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Houston auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When searching for affordable BMW X1 insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)