Want to know how to find the cheapest BMW M2 insurance in Houston? Feeling guilty for buying high-priced BMW M2 insurance in Houston? Trust us, there are lots of Houston residents who feel the same.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $2,700, Houston drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find lower-cost car insurance rates. Many insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest rate on BMW M2 insurance in Houston.
It's important to price shop coverage before your next renewal because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on BMW M2 insurance in Houston on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to get good coverage on BMW M2 insurance in Houston at a lower rate.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Houston is actually quite simple. Shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Lowering your BMW M2 car insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing free Houston car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agents' offices. Comparing BMW M2 insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you're the type of person who wants the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Advertising and car insurance
Texas drivers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest premium rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the point about saving some big amount if you get a free Houston car insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them.
How can each company offer drivers better rates?
Most companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable risk might be a married female, carries full coverage, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Someone that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Houston and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards must pay higher rates and ends up with the customer not purchasing. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This really emphasizes why it's extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict the company that will have the best auto insurance rates for your profile.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Houston M2 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your M2, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your BMW. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Companies offer many types of discounts on BMW M2 insurance in Houston
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Houston Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Houston can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car instead of a used M2 can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, driver training, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for professional/association, multi-car, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, student driver, defensive driver, early bird, and teen driver.
- Allstate discounts include senior citizen, premier discount, anti-theft, good payer, auto/life discount, and early signing.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Houston. To locate insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
Local Houston car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower prices and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Houston car insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Houston?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and cheaper M2 insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurer that is reputable and can service your policy.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is my BMW M2 covered for smoke damage?
- Does my BMW M2 qualify for pleasure use?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- When should I drop full coverage on my BMW M2?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your M2 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your BMW M2.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce BMW M2 insurance premium rates online in Houston. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced BMW M2 insurance in Houston can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Houston? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)