Finding more affordable premium rates for Audi Q5 insurance in Houston could be a challenge for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, it can be a difficult mission to find cheaper Audi Q5 insurance rates.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Houston could save themselves about $1,770 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to go online and compare rates.
If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. We hope to familiarize you with how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings But Texas vehicle owners must learn how companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$232||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,308||$109|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$470||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,954||$163|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$300||$614||$382||$22||$114||$1,432||$119|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$196||$494||$430||$26||$128||$1,274||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Houston which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The information below visualizes the comparison of Audi Q5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Houston
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Audi Q5 insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Affordable Houston auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Paperless Signup - Some larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, good student, new car, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, newly retired, exclusive group savings, multi-car, newly married, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you want inexpensive Houston car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in your area. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here.
Learn How to Get Insurance for Less
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are most of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your Q5 policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- High credit scores save money - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Audi Q5 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Youthful drivers in Texas tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- File a insurance claims and pay more - Car insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more you drive annually the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Q5 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Deter theft and lower rates - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
- Loss probability for an Audi Q5 - Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi Q5 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q5 4dr 4WD 143 96 110 61 55 78 Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD 156 165
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Houston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Houston should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Two types of Houston car insurance agents
If you need to find local Houston agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Houston may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Houston who may provide you with price quotes.
- Felicia Boudreaux - State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 - Houston, TX 77086 - (713) 464-2077 - View Map
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 - Houston, TX 77077 - (281) 759-4300 - View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy - State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St - Houston, TX 77009 - (713) 884-1442 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 - Houston, TX 77008 - (979) 238-8283 - View Map
- Memorial Insurance Agency, LLC
13624 Memorial Dr - Houston, TX 77079 - (713) 461-8272 - View Map
- Hispano's Insurance Agency
5420 Chimney Rock Rd - Houston, TX 77081 - (832) 778-8600 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Audi Q5 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Audi Q5 rate quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Audi Q5 insurance in Houston can be sourced both online in addition to many Houston insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read at these links:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)